Terms and conditions
Legal aspects and conditions of use of the citizen participation platform of the Murcia City Council
Basic information on data protection:
- Responsible for the treatment: Murcia City Council.
- Purpose of the processing: manage contact with citizens and people interested in participating more actively in the city's events, bodies and participation processes, including the political opinions of users who may publish them.
- Legal basis for processing: it is the user's consent through acceptance of the terms and conditions of use.
- Recipients of the data: they will not be communicated to third parties except by legal obligation.
- Rights: to exercise your rights of access, rectification and deletion as well as other rights recognized by the regulations, you can do so through the email account firstname.lastname@example.org
This legal notice concisely reports the main aspects of the digital participation platform promoted by the Murcia City Council. The platform aims to promote citizen participation and direct, deliberative and participatory democracy in the city through the different processes, spaces and bodies of participation, generating forms of direct and open interaction between the City Council, citizens, and the different social agents of the city. The platform is aimed at promoting deliberation and citizen debate, transparency and traceability of participation (in no case to trace users), and the generation of in-person and digital participation spaces.
The citizen who accesses this platform agrees to accept and comply with everything provided in this legal notice and all applicable provisions. You also undertake to make lawful and appropriate use of the contents and services and to refrain from any illegal conduct or conduct contrary to good faith.
The platform is managed by the Asomada Observatory of the Municipal Service of European Programs, under the direction of the Department of Health and Digital Transformation of the Murcia City Council, with the collaboration of the Municipal IT Service of the same City Council.
A. Scope of application of these conditions of use
The conditions of use for participation of the participation platform bind all persons who participate in this website. At the time of registration you will be asked to accept these conditions.
Murcia City Council reserves the right to modify the present conditions for the platform and will publish the latest version of these conditions on this website. To stay informed of future changes, we advise you to visit this page from time to time. Users will be informed of modifications when they affect privacy and/or security.
B. Objective of the initiative
Through the participation platform, Murcia City Council wants to encourage citizen participation in an open and transparent manner and involve citizens and different social agents in improving the democratic quality of life in the city as a whole, in the definition and design of public policies and municipal actions, as well as the assessment, information, discussion, prioritization and decision on policies and actions, of municipal and public institutions as well as citizen, associative or social initiatives that wish to do so. In this way, we seek to address the challenges and difficulties that arise in the city, with the aim of improving it and opening it to all citizens through multiple processes, spaces, bodies and other forms of citizen participation.
The City Council opts for a participatory, direct and deliberative democracy, making visible and promoting initiatives that, both individually and collectively, can contribute to debate, design and/or evaluate municipal and citizen actions in favor of the common good. The platform also aims to facilitate and make visible the debates, design, assessment, negotiation and modification, monitoring, and evaluation of public policies that may be carried out outside the platform, in order to offer citizens maximum transparency. . In this sense, the participation platform must be able to accommodate future initiatives of citizen participation and direct, participatory or deliberative democracy, including those that promote disintermediation between the municipal government and the citizens of Murcia and those that encourage and facilitate cooperation, association and self-organization among citizens themselves.
C. General aspects of participation in the platform
Any natural person over 16 years of age who has previously registered on the participation platform can participate. By accepting these conditions of use, the registered person declares that he or she is 16 years of age or older. The platform also allows the possibility of opening the registry to entities, groups, groups and/ or citizen organizations and relevant actors in the city.
As the platform is a meeting point that has the objective of promoting citizen participation for the improvement of the city, users are obliged to use it diligently and in accordance with this objective.
Murcia City Council is not responsible for the incorrect use of the participation platform by users or the content they contribute. Each user is responsible for using the platform correctly, as well as for the legality of the content and opinions they have shared.
It is not permitted to add any illegal or unauthorized content to the website, such as information that has the following characteristics:
- that is false or misleading;
- that infringes any right of the City Council or any third party, such as copyright, trademarks or other intellectual and industrial property rights or other related rights;
- that violates the privacy of a third party, such as publishing personal details of the participants, such as name, address, telephone number, email, photographs or any other personal information;
- that contains viruses, trojans, robots or other programs that may harm the website or systems of the City Council or the website or system of any third party, or that are intended to circumvent technical measures designed for the correct functioning of the platform;
- that attempts to spam users or overload the system;
- that has the character of a chain of messages, pyramid game or game of chance;
- that has commercial purposes, such as posting job offers or advertisements;
- that is not in accordance with public decency; Consequently, the content must not incite hatred, discriminate, threaten, provoke, or have a sexual, violent, rude, or offensive meaning or character;
- that violates any applicable law or regulation;
- that carries out campaigns promoting mass voting for other proposals not related to the process and framework of debate, and
- that creates multiple users pretending to be different people ( astroturfing ).
Murcia City Council is not responsible for the quality, originality, authenticity, legality or security of the content that users contribute to the platform. However, Murcia City Council reserves the right to eliminate from the platform opinions, information, comments, proposals or files that contradict these conditions of use, and may install filters for this purpose. All of this will be done solely in order to preserve the fundamental objective of the participation platform. Murcia City Council also reserves the right - without prior notice - to temporarily suspend the activities of a participant on the platform, deactivate their account in any way, delete its content, delete the account or send a notice, in particular, and without limiting it, in the following cases:
- if a violation of these conditions of use of the participation platform occurs and
- if the City Council believes that the activity of the participating person is harmful to others, to the website or to the City Council.
The participant is responsible for the content of their contributions and for any damages or claims from third parties that may arise. In any case , Murcia City Council will not be responsible for the improper use of the site, the platform or the contents that are shared, nor will it be responsible for the use that a natural person makes of the ideas provided, nor for the suitability of these ideas. nor about the results that arise. In the event that the content includes a link to another website, Murcia City Council does not assume any type of responsibility for damages and/or losses due to access to the contents of this link, nor for the content that may be in this same link. In the event that a dispute of any kind or for any reason arises between the participants on the website or a third party, Murcia City Council is exempt from all liability for claims, demands or damages of whatever nature that are related. somehow with this dispute.
D. Platform operation
Participants can access and navigate the platform freely and anonymously. Only when they want to carry out an action that involves creating, supporting or commenting on a proposal or participating in a debate will it be necessary to register in advance. Registration that will allow you to participate on the platform by making comments in a section or creating proposals must be carried out by entering the following data: username, email, password and acceptance of the conditions of use. The user will be required to verify their account by confirming that they are 16 years or older and that they are registered in Murcia. For this purpose, a DNI or residence permit will be required. These data will be used for the sole purpose of verifying the account, and will not be used subsequently.
The platform also allows the possibility of registering entities, groups and/ or organizations, and in this case, the following data will be requested: name of the organization, responsible person, email, telephone number, password and acceptance of the conditions of use .
The registered person can interact with the platform through the different functionalities enabled for each of the participation processes (debates, proposals, meetings,...). The verified person will be able to support the proposals and participate in their prioritization processes .
E. Conditions for the treatment of content provided by users
These conditions regulate the terms applicable to the content sent by users of this platform through the corresponding form (hereinafter, the "content"). The content does not include personal data (except the user's public name) that is provided when registering and verifying, it only includes public content provided by the user (comments, proposals,...). These conditions apply to both the content initially sent on the participation platform and any content that is subsequently sent or manifested in the Murcia City Council:
- Non-confidentiality: All content sent by the user to the Murcia City Council must be capable of being known by the general public. Therefore, Murcia City Council will treat said content as non-confidential information.
- Procedure: If the Murcia City Council is interested in the content sent by the user, it can contact it to request additional information, without the City Council acquiring - due to this fact - any commitment with respect to the user. This information will be non-confidential, without prejudice to the fact that, if the parties consider the need to exchange confidential information, a confidentiality agreement will be signed. All this without prejudice to the provisions of the section relating to "Intellectual and industrial property rights".
- Advertising or dissemination of the contents presented: The participants in the participation platform of the Murcia City Council declare that they know and accept the fact that the information provided may be published on the websites owned by the Murcia City Council, as well as through others. means that the organization considers appropriate to publicize this initiative.
- Intellectual property: Unless otherwise indicated, the content protected by intellectual property that the user contributes to this website will be subject to a Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike (CC-BY-SA) license.
- Notice and removal procedure: Any person, with reasoned reasons, may request the removal of content that fails to comply with the legal notice and the present conditions of use. The request can be made through a general request in the General Registry or through the Electronic Headquarters of the Murcia City Council. Murcia City Council will process these requests and reserves the right to make the appropriate checks or verifications prior to removing any content.
F. Copyright, reuse of information and other rights on the website and its contents
Murcia City Council encourages the use of open licenses, the creation of derivative works and the reuse and modification of the works contained on this website, as long as the original authorship is recognized and the same license on the resulting work is maintained. Unless otherwise indicated, the content protected by intellectual property disseminated on this website is subject, by default, to a Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike (CC-BY-SA) license. In accordance with this license, any person (including the City Council) may use the protected content, both for commercial and non-commercial purposes, as long as the authorship is recognized and the resulting work is disseminated under the same CC-BY-license. SA. This license will apply to both the content provided by the City Council and the content provided by the users of this website.
Murcia City Council allows the reuse of all information and data disseminated through this website, subject to the following conditions:
- You must properly acknowledge authorship, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes have been made.
- It cannot imply that the City Council sponsors or supports the activity in which the information is reused.
Murcia City Council will respect all intellectual or industrial property rights on the content sent by users, and does not assume any responsibility, direct or indirect, regarding any type of controversy, dispute and/or litigation that may arise from the publication. , the disclosure and/or dissemination of the contents provided without the mandatory consent of their legitimate owners or without protection of any use permitted by law.